This part of the JAMB brochure shows you the requirements to apply for Agricultural Extension Services under the Faculty of Agriculture in Nigeria. You will see the UTME subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements such A’level, ND, HND, NCE, etc for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.

List of Degree Awarding Institutions that Offer Agricultural Extension Services

  • Federal University of Technology, Owerri
  • University of Nigeria

JAMB UTME Subject Combination

In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Agricultural Extension Services under the Faculty of Agriculture in the institutions listed above are:

Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture and Physics or Mathematics.

O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates

To apply for Agricultural Extension Servicesas a UTME candidate, you require: Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agric Science plus one of Physics Geography and Economics.

Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks

(i) FUTO requires five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Economics. It accepts a Pass in Physics in not more than two sittings.

(ii) UNN accepts five O ’level credit passes in subjects which must include English Lang., Biology/or Agric. Science, chemistry and either mathematics or physics While FUAM accept a pass in Physics.

(iii) UNAAB requires:
a) Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
b) At least a pass in Physics.
c) Candidates with pass grade in Biology must possess credit pass in Agricultural Science. It does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.

(iv) UNIBADAN requires five credit passes including English Language, Biology,/Agric Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.

(v) OAU does not accept economics and Geography.

Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates

To apply for Agricultural Extension Services as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: Two ‘A’level passes or equivalent in Chemistry and Biology/Agric Science/Botany/Zoology/Economics/Mathematics

Special Requirements (Waiver) Remarks

(i) IMSU and UNAAB accepts OND/HND for Direct Entry to 200/300 levels respectively.

(ii) IMSU – Accepts ND/NCE (Double Major) or HND in Agriculture or related discipline with at least a merit pass into 200 level and HND (Upper) into 300 level.

(iv) UNIBADAN accepts OND/HND in the related fields. UNIBADAN Agricultural candidates must apply to read Agriculture Until 500 level when options will be available.

(v) UNN accepts:
a) Two ‘A’ level passes (London/Cambridge/ Cameroon) (in Chemistry and any of Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science. Economics, Physics Geography/Geology, Mathematics (Pure and Applied) in addition to UTME entry requirements.
b) OND/NCE/HND and Degree holders in Agricultural Science/Animal Health and related fields with a minimum of Lower Credit (Merit) in addition to UTME Entry requirements.

(vi) FUTO requires at least two A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any one of Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Economics. It also accepts Upper Credit OND/HND in Agricultural Science but does not accept First Degree and NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the UTME O’ level requirements.

(vi) UNAAB accepts:
a) Two A’ level credit passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Mathematics or Physics.
b) ND/HND (Upper credit) in Agriculture from a recognized institution in any one of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Fisheries, Forestry and Wildlife Management, Agricultural Technology plus UTME requirements.
c) NCE in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics (credit) plus UTME requirements.

(vii) OAU accepts:
a) Two `A’ level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/ Botany/ Agricultural Science/ Biology, Mathematics, Physics, or Economics.
b) HND/OND in Agriculture obtained at upper credit level from recognized Institution.

(viii) LAUTECH accepts ND with Upper Credit/HND/NCE at Credit Level in relevant subjects (Plus UTME requirements) may be considered for admission into 200 Level.