This part of the JAMB brochure shows you the requirements to apply for Electrical / Electronic Engineering under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in Nigerian polytechnics and monotechnics. You will see the UTME subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.
List of Polytechnics / Monotechnics that Offer Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic
- Air Force Institute Of Technology
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
- Allover Central Polytechnic
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly
- College Of Technology, Iresi
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba
- Crown Polytechnic
- D. S. Adegbenro Ict Polytechnic
- Delta State Polytechnic
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Eastern Polytechnic
- Edo State Institute Of Technology And Management
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Heritage Polytechnic
- Igbajo Polytechnic
- Imo State Polytechnic
- Institute Of Management Technology, Enugu
- Institute Of Public Health
- Interlink Polytechnic
- Jigawa State Institute Of Information Technology
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic
- Kalac Christal Polytechnic
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Karrox-Ugrl Computer Education And Training Centre
- Kings Polytechnic
- Kogi State Polytechnic
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos City Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Light House Polytechnic
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Nacabs Polytechnic
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic
- Niger State Polytechnic
- Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
- Ogun State College Of Health Technology
- Ogun State Institute Of Technology
- Osun State College Of Technology
- Osun State Polytechnic
- Our Saviour Institute Of Science, Agric. And Tech.
- Plateau State Polytechnic
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Rivers State College Of Arts And Science
- Rivers State Polytechnic
- Ronik Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
- Shaka Momodu Polytechnic
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Tower Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Uyo City Polytechnic
- Waziri Umaru Fed. Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi
- Yaba College Of Technology
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Electrical / Electronic Engineering under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in the institutions listed above are:
3. Chemistry/Technical Drawing.
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Electrical / Electronic Engineering as a UTME candidate, you require: (i) Mathematics,
3. Chemistry and any two subjects from:
(i) Biology/Agricultural Science
2. Technical Drawing,
3. Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity,
4. Auto Mechanics,
5. Metal Work,
6. Woodwork(for Civil Engineering Tech.),
7. Further Mathematics
8. English Language,
For Marine Engineering and Industrial Safety and Environmental
Engineering a pass in Biology is required At least a credit pass in English Language is required.
Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
To apply for Electrical / Electronic Engineering as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: (i)IMO – POLY and RIVPOLY require credit pass in
(ii)GIWAPOLY: does not insist on credit passes at
(iii)MAPOLY: accepts a pass in English
(iv)AUCHIPOL: requires Further Mathematics,
Statistics or Economics in the UTME subjects.
(v)FEDPOFFA: accepts English Language Economics, Biology, Agric Science as the five
(vi)YABATECH: requires five credits passes in English Language, Mathematics,Physics, Chemistry and one from Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics or Further
Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Applied Electricity, Biology.Also requires Mathematics and Physics for UTME.
(vii)IBADANPOLY – POLY requires credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language for holders of WAEC/NECO/GCE and NABTEB certificates.
(viii)POLYSOK requries OLevel credit pass in English Language Mathematics ,Physics and any one from Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Technical Drawing.
(ix) IGBAJO: requires five credit passes in Mathematics , English Language Physic and any other two subject from the following basic Electricity Biology, Agric Chemistry and Technical Drawing.
(x) KAD-POLY requires Mathematics and any two subjects from Physics, Chemistry/Technical Drawing as UTME subjects.
(xi) KWAPOLY: accepts Credit Passes in Alt. to Mechanics, Fine Art, Domestic and Industrial Installation, Cable Joining, Winding of Electrical Machine, Radio Communication, Television, Electronic Devise and Circuit, Mechanical/ Pneumatic Instrument, Electrical/Elect. Instrument, Regulation and Installation, Electric Servicing and Circulation, Radio, Television and Electric Servicing, Direct Current, Alternate Current and Basic Electricity.
(xii) RUGIPO: accepts a pass in English Language.
(xiii)FEDPO-ILA: requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other Science subject as course requirement.
(xiv) FEDPO-Nek – Same as in Civil Engineering.
(xv) KAZAURE: requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two Science subjects.
(xvi) FIDEIPOLY: will accept five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one from Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics or Further Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Applied Electricity, Biology. The credit passes must not be in more than two sittings.