This part of the JAMB brochure shows you the requirements to apply for Forestry Technology under the Faculty of Agriculture in Nigerian polytechnics and monotechnics. You will see the UTME subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.
List of Polytechnics / Monotechnics that Offer Forestry Technology
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic
- Audu Bako College Of Agriculture Danbatta
- Bauchi College Of Agriculture
- Binyaminu Usman College Of Agriculture
- College Of Agriculture, Hadijia
- College Of Agriculture, Jalingo
- College Of Agriculture, Zuru
- Federal College Of Fisheries And Marine Technology
- Federal College Of Forestry, Jos
- Federal College Of Forestry, Mechanisation, Afaka
- Federal College Of Wildlife Management, New Bussa
- Federal Cooperative College, Ibadan
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly
- Imo State Polytechnic
- Jigawa State Institute Of Information Technology
- Mahammed Lawan College Of Agriculture, Maiduguri
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
- Oyo State College Of Agriculture
- Plateau State College Of Agriculture, Garkawa
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Forestry Technology under the Faculty of Agriculture in the institutions listed above are:
Mathematics and any two of Chemistry, Physics or
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Forestry Technology as a UTME candidate, you require: Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry and any two subjects from:
1. Biology/Agricultural Science
2. Technical Drawing,
3. Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity,
4. Auto Mechanics,
5. Metal Work,Woodwork (for Civil Engineering Tech.),
6. Further Mathematics
7. English Language,
9. Economics/Commerce.For Marine Engineering and
Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering a pass in Biology is required.
At least a credit pass in English Language is required.
Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
To apply for Forestry Technology as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: (i) FCFJOS:
(a) Requires either of Biology/Agricultural
Science,Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,Economics or Geography as UTME subject.
(b) For Horticultural Technology requires five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science and any two of Geography, Physics and Economics is required. At least a pass in Chemistry is Compulsory.
(ii)COAJA : accepts any three of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Technical drawing or Geography as UTME subjects.
(iv)RUGIPO: requires five O’level credit passes in
Biology/Agricultural Sciences, Mathematics and any three from Geography, Food and Nutrition, Technical
Drawing, English Languag.
(v) Nigeria Language, Chemistry, Physics, Economics and Home Economics. At least a pass in English Language and Physics are requires.
(vi) IMOPOLY : requires five credits from SSCE/GCE O’Level Subjects: Biology/Agricural Science, Maths, English Language and any two from the following: Geography, Economics, Statistics, Physics,and Chemistry. A pass in Chemistry is Compulsory.
(vii)BUPOLY :requires Biology/Agric and two of
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics, and Geography as UTME subject.
(viii) FCWM: requires a pass in English
Language and Chemistry are compulsory. Credit passes in Biology/Agricural Science, Mathematics and any three of the following – Geography, Food and Nutrition, Economics, Technical Drawing, English Language, Physics,Chemistry, Nigerian Language and Home Economics.
(ix) OYSCAI : requires five O’ level credit passes to
include Mathematics, English Language,Physics, Chemistry and any other one from Biology/Agricultural
Science, basic Electronics/basic Electricity, Auto Mechanics, and Economics/Commerce.
(x) RUGIPO : requires five O’ level credit passes to
include Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Chemistry and two from Geography, Economics,English Language and Physics. It requires at least a pass in English Language.
(xi) FCFMT: requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics,Biology/Agricultural Science and any other Science Subject.