Application deadline: June 30th 2020
The prize honors individuals or institutions who help to advance economic and social development, human resources development and infrastructure on the African continent. The prize is awarded annually within one of three fields – Food Security, Health and Education – and has a value of $1,000,000 (One million US dollars). The Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) and our international Board of Trustees, comprising of respected philanthropists and experts in the field, oversee the prize.
The objective of the prize
The objective of the prize is the recognition and appreciation of the best studies, scientific projects, applied research and innovation that have made a significant and lasting influence in advancing progress to economic and social development on the continent of Africa. The awarded projects should help African nations overcome poverty, hunger, lack of potable water, injustice or to improve health care, literacy and the allocation of economic resources. The prize should also highlight successes within the following areas: Food Security, Health and Education.
- The nominated candidates’ research work or projects and initiative’s must be innovative and must have achieved high impact in line with international standards for the prize.
- The submitted work must be of paramount importance in promoting significant economic, social, human resources and infrastructure development in the African continent within the announced field of the prize. Submitted research work of a nominated candidate should be composed of studies and applied research, published in peer-reviewed journals and recognized at a global level within the announced field. The research outcome needs to have been applied after publication in African countries within the past ten years. Adequate supporting evidence needs to be provided including collaboration with African and international NGOs and institutions.
- Nominations are to be accepted from institutions and scientific centres (universities, institutes, and centres of scientific research) as well as from competent regional or international and UN organizations and awards and former winners in the field of the prize or former evaluation members. Self nominations are not acceptable.
- All submissions must be submitted in English. If the work is carried out in other working UN languages, a comprehensive summary of the nominated work in English must be submitted.
- Fill in the prize application form and send it along with the scientific production works electronically In PDF format via CD, DVD, Flash Memory or via the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) Prizes once email firstname.lastname@example.org The nomination form can be obtained from the http://www.alsumaitprize.org/nominations. Applications are addressed to the Director General of the foundation.
- The application and submitted works must be received before 30/06/2020
For more information : visit the Al -Sumaiz Official webpage