This part of the JAMB brochure shows you the requirements to apply for Agricultural Engineering / Technology under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in Nigerian polytechnics and monotechnics. You will see the UTME subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.

List of Polytechnics / Monotechnics that Offer Agricultural Engineering / Technology

  • Akperan Orshi College Of Agriculture
  • Auchi Polytechnic
  • Audu Bako College Of Agriculture Danbatta
  • College Of Agriculture, Jalingo
  • College Of Agriculture, Zuru
  • Delta State Polytechnic
  • Federal College Of Agriculture, Akure
  • Federal College Of Agriculture, Ishiagu
  • Federal College Of Agriculture, Moor Plantation
  • Federal College Of Forestry, Mechanisation, Afaka
  • Federal College Of Land Resources Technology, Kuru
  • Federal College Of Land Resources Technology, Owerri
  • Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
  • Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
  • Federal Polytechnic, Bida
  • Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
  • Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
  • Federal Polytechnic, Oko
  • Hassan Usman Katsina Poly
  • Imo State Polytechnic
  • Institute Of Management Technology, Enugu
  • Kaduna Polytechnic
  • Kwara State Polytechnic
  • Lagos State Polytechnic
  • Mahammed Lawan College Of Agriculture, Maiduguri
  • Nasarawa State Polytechnic
  • Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
  • Oyo State College Of Agriculture
  • Plateau State College Of Agriculture, Garkawa
  • Plateau State Polytechnic
  • Ramat Polytechnic
  • Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
  • Samaru College Of Agriculture
  • The Polytechnic, Ibadan
  • Waziri Umaru Fed. Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi

JAMB UTME Subject Combination

In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Agricultural Engineering / Technology under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Technology in the institutions listed above are:

Mathematics and Physics/Technical Drawing, 
Chemistry or any two Science subjects

O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates

To apply for Agricultural Engineering / Technology as a UTME candidate, you require: Mathematics, 
English Language, 
Physics and any two of the following: Biology/Agricultural Science 
Technical Drawing 
Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity 
Auto Mechanics 
Metal Work 
Further Mathematics 
Food and Nutrition

Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates

To apply for Agricultural Engineering / Technology as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: (i) EKITI-POLY accepts credit in either Economics, Chemistry, T/Drawing or Geography

(ii) RUGIPO requires pass in Chemistry.

(iii) IMT-ENU accepts Agricultural Science as UTME subject.

(iv) KAD-POLY requires Mathematics, Physics and any other subject from Biology/Agricultural Science and Chemistry as UTME subjects.

(v) IBADAN-POLY requires credit passes in Mathematics and Physics and at least a Pass in English Language.

(vi) OZORO requires Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Chemistry as UTME subjects.

(vii) FCAA accepts four (4) credit passes in NBTE recognised Pre-ND courses offered in a Polytechnic or similar Post Secondary institutions. The four (4) credit passes must be from the subjects specified in Course Requirement Column above.

(viii) FCLRTO requires at least a pass in English Language and Chemistry.

(ix) RAMATPOLY same as in Architectural Technology

(x) FCAMP requires at least a pass in English Language as well as credit passes in Geography/Economics..

(xi) KWA-POLY accepts a pass in Chemistry. Accepts Credit Passes in Economics, Introduction to Agric. Science, Material / Workshop / Machininig / Tractor Layout, Power Unit, Under Carriages and Auto Electricity, Transmission System, Implements and Machines General Wood Work, Building/ Engineering Drawing, Principle of Crop Husbandry and Land Use, Materials and Workshop Processes, Construction and Maintenance of Agric. Machines as requirements for Agric. Engineering Technology

(xii) RUGIPO accepts a pass in English Language.

(xiii) NEKEDE-POLY accepts a pass in English Language and Chemistry.

(xiv) MUBI–POLY At least a pass in Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science are necessary.

(xv) BAUCHI-POLY: requires Mathematics, Physics, and any two of T/drawing, chemistry or two science subjects.

(xvi) IMO-POLY requires Five (5) credit passes in Mathematics, English Language and Physics as well as in Chemistry and Agricultural Science/Biology.

(xvii) TOPS requires credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as course requirement. Requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as UTME subjects.